T&C’s applicable to all walking, play group, and drop-in services
- Polaris Dogs will provide a time interval during which visits will occur. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted.
- During bank holidays and national holidays our services will be postponed until the next working day.
- An in-home consultation with the owner present is required, prior to reservations, for all new walking clients.
- All bookings must be made by our 5pm Friday deadline the week previous.
- All bookings cancelled or missed without 48 hours notice will be payable in full. No refund shall be offered for cancelled/missed pre-paid appointments.
- If Polaris Dogs cannot provide the service agreed, we will do our best to arrange an alternative, unless in extreme circumstances, where we will endeavour to give 24 hours notice.
- You will entrust Polaris Dogs to use best judgment in caring for your pet(s) at the time of inclement weather. Polaris Dogs will try to carry out your instructions to the best of our ability. However, in cases of extreme weather, we will contact you with alternative arrangements.
- Orange/red weather warnings may result in full cancellations. There will be no charge extreme weather cancellations. Pre-paid clients will be granted credit for fuure walks/drop-ins.
- Polaris Dogs reserve the right to refuse dogs displaying aggression to humans and/or other dogs.
- The client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including but not limited to medical care, legal fees, etc) if the client’s pet(s) should bite another animal.
- Client agrees that on booking services for their dog(s) that they have represented that the dog(s) to have not shown aggression or caused harm, or threatening behaviour to any individual and/or any pet(s), and the client agrees to contact the provider as soon as possible if any of these behavioural changes presents itself or if it has the potential to cause harm to any individual or pet(s).
- Polaris Dogs reserves the right to refuse unruly or untrained dogs.
- If the client’s dog(s) whilst being walked shows aggressive tendencies towards a member of Polaris dogs, or should its behaviour become unacceptable or a nuisance beyond reasonable acceptance, the client agrees that the service is terminated with immediate effect and the pet is to be returned to the location where it was collected.
Termination of Service
- Polaris Dogs reserve the right to refuse dogs and terminate our service within 24hrs notice.
- Termination of service by the client requires minimum 72hrs notice. Failure to give notice will result in a cancellation fee.
- Polaris Dogs will obtain a copy of your house key during the in-home meet & greet. This key will be held by the dog walker and will be kept securely.
- It is recommended that your keys remain in Polaris Dogs custody for convenience in future use of our service.
- Your keys will be returned upon request and or in the event Polaris or the client terminate the agreed service.
- Please inform us of any changes regarding your contact numbers, your pet’s care needs, your emergency contact details and other pertinent information.
- All of your information will be kept private and confidential.
- All client records will be deleted within 18 months of service termination.
- It is understood that the nature of our business requires photos to be posted to social media profiles. We will never post your personal information with these photos. If requested we will refrain from posting your dog’s name.
- All reasonable care is taken to ensure the integrity and suitability of the care provided.
- Polaris dogs possess valid public liability insurance.
- The insurance only covers Polaris Dogs for the duration of the selected service, and only for services agreed.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of our services.
Additional Scheduled Services
- Polaris Dogs does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
- Please inform us at the time of consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are absent. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours.
- It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Polaris Dogs have been engaged.
- Polaris Dogs will follow instructions to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result.
- Under no circumstances will Polaris Dogs service any pet that has any form of active contagious illness.
- We require a copy of a valid vaccination certificate.
- If a member of Polaris Dogis bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the clients pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
- For dog walking and play groups we will properly dispose of pet waste and we will provide waste bags for this, we may, however need to sometimes bring the waste back to dispose of in your outside waste bin.
- Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all visits. All dogs will be walked on leads at all times.
- Polaris Dogs will, under no circumstances, walk a dog that is fitted with a prong collar, e-collar, or choke chain.
- Polaris Dogs will not walk a dog on a harness that is designed to reduce pulling by causing pain/discomfort to the dog.
- Polaris Dogs does not accept any responsibility or liability for any clients animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients dog(s) in a fenced or enclosed area.
- Polaris Dogs will clean up after your pets to the best of their ability. Please inform them of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Polaris Dogs is not responsible for carpet/ flooring stains created by your pet(s).
- We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels and bin bags in the event that we should clean up after your dog.
- If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, we will charge a reasonable fee for clean-up time.
- In the event of a household emergency, your emergency contact will be contacted to arrange any remedial work.
- On occasion Polaris Dogs may have additional trainers/walkers shadowing them and visiting clients homes.
- This must be agreed with the client, and the accompanying visitor will have been vetted by Polaris Dogs and will be subjected to all necessary checks.
- Polaris Dogs accepts cash/bank transfer, (please ask for bank details)
- All payments must be either pre-paid or paid on the day of the arranged service.
- Where services are required long term, the client may make payment on a monthly basis.
- Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements and the client may be subject to a cancellation fee.
- Polaris Dogs shall not be liable to the client or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of it’s obligations in relation to the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Polaris Dogs’ reasonable control.